Mar 6, 2010

Cavs in China

Ni Hao Everybody! It's hard to belive that my first full week is gone, time sure does fly. Anyways, today we did manage to go into the city and do some real China shopping. The best way for me to describe the shopping here is like this. It resembles a shopping mall, but not quite as nice as your used to. Inside, there are 4-5 huge floors where people have their own little shops. After a whole day shopping, I ended up buying myself a VERY nice Sinobi watch for just over $10, a belt and buckle for just over $2, Avatar the movie for like $1.5 and the first 5 seasons of 'The Office' for just over $2, I know its ridiculouse. Oh, and I also bought a huge ice crean cone for 1/7 of a dollar. China is awesome when it comes to shopping. I almost forgot to mention that I was able to watch the Cavs this morning at 8 o'clock. This was a huge comfort to me, knowing that I will most likly be able to follow the Cavs as the make their way through the playoffs and bring a championnship to Cleveland. Unfortonuely, the game was Chinese comentated so no Carisims for me. Other than that, things are going well. Last week in school I met some Chinese friends and we have been playing basketball together. I however have been reminded that I am not very good. But thats ok because the Chinese are the nicest and most patient people. Well that it for today, I don't have anything planned for tomorow, I will probibly just stay home and be with my host family, I miss you all and hope all is well in "MEI GUO" the "beautiful country" we call America. Peace and Love.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are having a good time. Good luck and best wishes.
    ~Logan G.

    ReplyDelete