Mar 22, 2010

Farewell to the Germans

Well the Germans have been shipped back to their mother land and that officially concludes our experiences with them, I know so sad :( but today we had a few different activities to accomplish on the Germans last day.

-Chinese Paper cutting, I tried to do this but my attention span was just to short so i just went up to our room and hung out with the other AFS students. But if anybody is interested in this it is actually fairly simple. You staple a guide paper, (can be printed from internet) to a piece of red paper. Than you use an extracting knife to cut off the areas designated to get you design.

-Closing Ceremonies, Here the Chinese threw together a closing performance. There were actually some cool performances. The students had a hip-hop group, a live rock band, 2 traditional dances, a kung-fu demonstration, and a closing song. A few of us Americans actually preformed a song in German with the Germans, Ya it sounded really cool. Anyways after this the Germans we taken out to lunch and they left us behind :( so we just ate street food, again.

-Chinese Painting, F-U-N, not the activity, just what we did. It started out as a really cool teacher leading us step by step in making this village scene, once again my attention span snapped and I began painting my own version of his scene. I added many inside stories and all the AFS students. Needless to say mine was cool! Oh we finished early so we stared to paint things other than our paper like our faces. I was an AVETAR(c) from the Navie trip. I looked so cool. And i was just messing with the Chinese as I walked through the campus, They were kind of scared of me! Not only was I foreign and white but I looked identical to Jake in Avatar. But what do those ‘Sky People’ know anyways? Oh and when we went to wash it off it wasn’t coming off it just like soaked into my skin, I was told i looked like a Smerf, But after some intense scrubbing and help from my Austrian friend David, I again returned to almost normal, In the right light I still look blue.

-Then came the goodbyes, After countless pictures (only a few by the Germans, than the Chinese rushed over and wanted pictures with all of us) and hugs from the Germans we left them for the last time at Shijiazhuang middle school #42.
But i promised that if I’m ever in Germany that i will look them up and reunite with our German companions.

That was really all for today. At the gym I participate in a cycling class and I can not feel my legs right now. I didn’t know that I could move my legs that fast! Anyways I’m looking forward to Twisted Tuesday Tomorrow and will report that to you all when I get the chance, Love and Peace, Ben

1 comment:

  1. BEN!! i did chinese paper cutting! its john michaels by the way!

    ReplyDelete